Thursday, June 20, 2024

How To Start An...

Did you know that New York ranks among the top states for...

How I Hit $100...

Opinions expressed by Entrepreneur contributors are their own....

1031 Exchanges: What They...

You’ve likely...

The 10 Best and...

There are many important things to...
HomeFinanceNormie Token Plummets...

Normie Token Plummets 99% After Smart Contract Exploit


The value of the Normie token (NORMIE) dropped by 99% within three hours after it fell victim to a smart contract exploit, temporarily dropping its market value from $42 million to $200,000.

Following this exploit, the developers of the Base meme are in discussions with the person responsible for the incident to recover 90% of the stolen funds.

Hacker Show

Blockchain analytics company Lookonchain was the first to spot the exploit and expose the hackers.

In a message on the chain to Normie's publisher's address on May 26, the hacker progress To return 90% of stolen NORMIE tokens, with the stipulation that the remaining 10% be kept as a bug bounty without any retaliation.

The hacker also demanded that the stolen funds, as well as 600 ETH worth approximately $3,900 in the team's development wallet, be used to launch a new token to compensate NORMIE holders.

“We'll have to relaunch, yeah,” Normie's team said via a newly created X account after their main account was suspended. “This will come after we recover our main Twitter account and after we get the money from the exploiter,” Nurmi added. However, the temporary account was also suspended shortly afterwards.

Meanwhile, the hacker will not compromise on his strict conditions, insisting that the relaunch of the token must precede the return of the funds. “The developer wallet generated significantly more profits than I did during this exploit, and I have no other way to ensure that these funds are used appropriately.” advertiser In another message in the series.

Consequences of exploitation

Quick Intel, a blockchain fraud detection tool, reported that the exploit affected 72,000 NORMIE holders.

LeConchine too open An anonymous trader who invested $1.16 million to acquire 11.23 million NORMIE tokens during the cryptocurrency's peak is now facing a huge loss. Their initial investment of $1.16 million, which they have held until now without selling, is now less than $150.

According to CoinGecko Data, NORMIE's price fell by more than 92% within the first hour of the attack, and fell further by 99.5% after two and a half hours. Despite the short price spike, the cryptocurrency continued to fall, hitting lows of $0.00022, representing a 98.2% decline from its all-time high.

However, Nurmi has since shown signs of recovery. At the time of writing, it has a market cap of $1,043,837 and a price of $0.001053, representing a 57% increase in the last 24 hours.

NORMIE launched amid the coin mania on Base in March 2024 and reached a peak market capitalization of $130 million on April 2, according to CoinGecko data.

Special Offer (Sponsored)
Free Binance $600 (Exclusively for CryptoPotato): Use this link to register a new account and get an exclusive $600 welcome offer on Binance (Full details).

BYDFi Exchange 2024 Limited Offer: Welcome Bonus up to 2,888 USD, use this link to register and open a position worth 100 USDT-M for free!

The post Normie Token Plummets 99% After Smart Contract Exploit first appeared on Investorempires.com.



Continue reading

Elon Musk’s latest plan to add Venmo-like payments to X excludes crypto

Elon Musk‘s latest plot to access your wallet involves—quite literally—becoming one. New details have emerged of Musk’s plans to launch the payments network “X Payments” later this year, according to 350 pages of documents and emails related to...

How much a $1,000 investment in Nvidia 10 years ago would be worth today

Though the average investor may not have even heard of it until recently, Nvidia is the hottest company around, officially becoming the world’s most valuable on Tuesday. And for investors lucky enough to get in early, the gains...

How To Start An LLC In New York: A Step-by-Step Guide

Did you know that New York ranks among the top states for business formation? Starting an LLC in New York can be a game-changer for entrepreneurs. Understanding the process is key to success. From choosing a unique name...